I decided not to celebrate any long-term successes of my weight loss until I had successfully KEPT the weight off for one year. Today, one year after I celebrated achieving my target weight, I celebrate that long-term success. This morning, I weighed 167.6 pounds! Ok, 0.6 over my target is nothing to worry about. My average weight over the last year is 165.1 pounds. I still follow the same plan:
- One day each week is protein-only. Mondays work for me.
- Drink lots of water every day.
- Exercise 30 minutes every day. I almost do this, but not every day. Trying to do better.
- I follow the same simple diet plan: high protein, low-carb
- I eat two “celebration” meals each week.
I intend to follow this plan the rest of my life and remain healthy to watch my grandchildren grow up.